Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

How Sweet the Sound Event Recap


Well, this was my first official event, and even though I was nervous, I think it went off without a hitch. LOL

How Sweet the Sound, a romantic Christian anthology, with fellow authors Jacquelin Thomas and Felicia Mason, was Francis' first foray into the Christian fiction genre. Each novella was either based on a well known gospel song, or the song was featured in the storyline. Although Jacquelin Thomas nor Felicia Mason were unable to attend, their stories were still featured.

After my welcome speech, Marlive Harris, of TheGRITS.com, introduced our soloists and gave a brief history of each song selected. Our first soloist was Gwendolyn Ross, who sang I believe in conjunction with "Make a Joyful Noise" by Jacquelin Thomas. Our second soloist was Nicole Taylor, who sang How Great Thou Art, the theme of Francis Ray's "Then Sings My Soul". Our final soloist was Bettye Armstrong, who sang Just As I Am in conjunction with "Heart Songs" by Felicia Mason.

I tell you, each of these women had such beautiful voices that they moved me to tears. For a minute I forgot we were having a literary event and felt like I was in church.

After each soloists were done, Francis then came forward and not only shared how she came to be a part of this anthology, but also gave us a little personal history on her journey as an author. We finished up with refreshmens, a book sale, courtesy of Borders Books in Meyerland Plaza, Houston, Texas, and a book signing.

All in all, I believe the event was a huge success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home