Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

It's all about John Wooden today on All the Buzz

Hi John! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to be a guest on All the Buzz! It’s a pleasure to have you!

Thank you for having me!

You have a new release called An Eye for a Deadly Eye. Please tell me more about it.

-This is the second in my FBI Agent Kenny Carson series. Twice over the past two decades, active and former FBI agents were targeted for death by a hate group called Just Cause. Though the FBI knew the name of the group, in both cases, they were unable to apprehend a suspect. Now Just Cause is back and reaping more havoc than ever before. It’s another case of cat and mouse, and all that seems simple, is as complex as you can possibly imagine.

What inspired you to write this particular story?

I love mystery, suspense and originality. I wanted to take something as simple as the relationship between people and make something twisted. My inspiration for every story is to tell a great story with enough twists and turns and originality, it will keep readers coming back for more.

What is it that you are exploring in this book?

Relationships or better yet, the twisted world of relationships. Why person A is envious of person B, but the two don’t know each other. I often wondered why people don’t like or in some cases, hate entertainers, actors, athletes, etc., that they don’t know. But with all my stories, the thing I really explore is the mind. If I can make you think for 300 plus pages, my job is done!

Do you find yourself putting a little bit of yourself into your characters?

Not much, maybe a little bit. I think most writers project a little bit of themselves in their writings, and I don’t think I am any different in that regards.

Has a review ever changed your perspective on your work and/or your literary journey?

No. But I am very good at accepting constructive criticism. If I received a tough review, I would try my best to see the silver lining.

If you could’ve written one book in history, what would it be?

The Parallel Lives of Malcolm and Martin. I know both have advocates who are worlds apart, even today. One believed in non-violence and the other believed in not taking anything off anyone. But in the long run, they both believed in the betterment of a people; just different methodologies of reaching the same goal.

What books are currently on your nightstand? Do you find time for pleasure reading every day?

A not yet released manuscript by a friend, whose name one day will be up in lights. And unfortunately, I don’t read every day. Though I’m an avid reader, writing and editing keeps me busy.

I know that you are also an editor. What has that experience been like?

I love editing. Recently, I have been doing more ghostwriting/editing and I love the process of making someone else’s project better. Additionally, it improved my skills as an author. There are many who loved my last book, A Moment of Justice, but I think ghostwriting for the past couple of years have taken my writing to another level.

What words of advice do you have to offer aspiring authors, both as a writer and an editor?

Read, read, read . . . especially books in your chosen genre and books on writing. Then pick up the pen and write, or jump on the keyboard.

What’s the best writing advice you ever received?

Two things: be true to yourself and write for the love of writing.

When you first started writing, what do you wish you would’ve known then that you know now?

The business of writing; from the importance of hiring an experienced editor to the nuances of PODs and traditional publishers. I love writing and like most first time authors, I just wanted to get my story out. But the military taught me patience and that’s what I needed to apply to my writing career—patience. I needed to learn as much as I could about the business of writing.

What are three little known facts about John Wooden?

I have a great sense of humor, i.e., love laughing and smiling; I’m a stupid, diehard football fan; and I’m a closet cook. Shhh, don’t tell anyone…lol.

Thank you again, John, for chatting with me on All the Buzz! Many blessings to you and yours!

Thank you. It’s my honor and prestige to be a part of All the Buzz.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    John Wooden is an excellent writer. He writes what readers call page-turners. I've read all his books and just ordered the new one. He has edited my work. I love the guy, the gentleman, the author, John Wooden.
    Unknown said...
    Can't wait to read the new book, and all future ones to come. John has a great imagination and creative mind!
    S. Redic Publicity said...
    I am reading the book now and it is GREAT!! John is an AWESOME writer

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home