Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Buzzin' about with Iris Celeste

Hello Iris and thank you for joining me on All the Buzz!

First, congratulations on the publication of your debut novel Praise Your Way Through. Please tell me more about this book.

Praise Your Way Through is a Christian Fiction novel detailing the lives of two women from seemingly two very different backgrounds and the challenges they encounter from day to day. Tamara appears to be a successful, single, free-wheeling sista on top of her game, but secretly she struggles with ghosts from her past. Sheila, though a devoted wife and mother, silently suffers with loneliness from her predictable and boring life. Ultimately she grows tired of her complacent husband and seeks relief, which in time turns out to be much more than she bargains for. When all hell breaks loose the crucial question is will these ladies have the courage and faith to listen to God’s direction or will they simply continue to take matters into their own hands?

What message do you hope to convey to readers?

Merely to inspire them and relay the message of new beginnings. I wanted to unclothe what happens behind closed doors and private lives of everyday people. I believe we are more alike than not and are placed here to assist one another through this journey on earth. I wanted to write a story of hope using the word of God without being preachy! So many people have the impression that you have to be perfect to be saved and that’s the biggest misconception of Christianity. You have to be willing to surrender your way for His way, which is easier said than done. I still run into brick walls from being hard-headed and not seeking His will first!

What is the inspiration behind the writing and publishing of Praise Your Way Through?

To be able to array thoughts onto paper in a way where people can relate and be transformed is a gift. I purposely wanted to use my gift to bless others.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Keeping the storyline and characters interesting. Talk about sleepless nights!

Did you learn anything from this writing experience? If so, what did you learn?

That it’s harder than it looks. I have the utmost respect for authors who have years in the business.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

That’s a hard question. I don’t have an answer for that. Though I love to write, it very much intimidates me. Because I am always comparing myself to the last piece. I’m my own worst critic.

Do you see writing as a career?

Wow! I would love to write full time. I’m open to wherever the Lord leads me.

Who are some of your favorite authors and how do they influence your work?

I enjoy the realness of Victoria Christopher Murray’s books and the colorfulness that Eric Jerome Dickey brings to his characters. I strive to captivate my readers as they do.

What book are you reading now, and would you recommend it to others?

Kindred by Octavia Butler. The author allowed me to mentally travel back in time along with the characters. It was intense!

What are you working on next?

Taste and See, the sequel to Praise Your Way Through.

Thank you again Iris for chatting with me on All the Buzz! I wish you much success in all that you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home